Friday, May 31, 2013

Baby Steps, A Blog Post by Miss Jovie

Big things have been happening since Mommy's last blog post.  I am now at a hospital closer to home, and I got to take my very first ambulance ride, well first ambulance ride outside of utero that is.  Daddy said the ambulance that they transported me in was the very biggest one he's ever seen.  Pretty ironic since I was still less than 3 pounds at that point. 

I love my new hospital.  There's only a few other babies in there, so I'm not disturbed by noisy neighbors any more.  The nurses at my old hospital said I was feisty and sassy.  Duh--I was trying to do my best to get kicked out because I knew how desperately my parents wanted me closer to home.  Now the nurses say I'm a sweet pea and super lovable.  I hardly cry anymore, but maybe I'll start back again when I decide it's time to go home.  The feisty thing worked last time, so what's another shot at it?

They tell me that I'm just under 3 1/2 pounds.  If you're not impressed, you should be. That means I've gained over 50% of my birth weight in 5 weeks.  You try doing that.  Actually, don't--it wouldn't be pretty.

 Although I still have my feeding tube, I am starting to practice nursing and taking bottles at every mealtime.  I am a fabulously fast eater, and my burping always makes Daddy proud.  I can't wait to get the feeding tube out of my nose--the orange is clashing with my outfits and is not a very desirable accessory.

Speaking of accessories, I will now reveal my biggest milestone in the last 3 weeks.  Mommy found preemie headbands that fit my sweet little head!   Because no matter how young or how small, every girl needs to learn the art of accesorizing well.  Success.


Don't let my chubby cheeks fool you.  I'm still the size of a doll baby!


2 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you all and continue to pray for Jovie's strength and health! Blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so great! I love seeing a little chub in the cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete