Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Like Peas and Carrots

One of the things that has amazed Ben and me the most about having babies is that we can already begin seeing their personalities, even at 4 months.  And what is even more amazing is how different their little personalities are.  Not only do Hudson and Corbin look very little alike, but they act nothing alike.  Hudson is dramatic, to say the least.  Obviously, he gets this from his father.  (insert laugh and eye roll here)  Corbin is a lot more even and easy going.  Like his mother, of course . . . 

Case in point:
Corbin waiting to be fed:
 Hudson waiting to be fed:


But despite their differences, we hope that just like peas and carrots which are different on the outside and on the inside, together they'll equal a perfect pair.   And yes, I'm sure they'll have plenty of angry moments with one another which will be expressed by throwing mud, peeing on each other deliberately, and doing whatever else it is that boys do; however, we're not only looking forward to watching how they grow and develop individually but also together.

And by the way, despite their many differences, they do have one very important thing in common . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay,
    The babies are super cute - glad to hear you are all happy and healthy. Hudson looks a lot like you (I think its his eyes :) And I'm quite partial to Corbin's name (it's my middle name!).
    Hope you are doing well.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa!

    I was just thinking about you the other night as I was eating potato chips with ketchup! You gave me that brilliant idea back in middle school. :) I remember your middle name being Corbin--that's the first time I heard it, and I remember liking it even back then. I've only heard of it a few other places, so I like that it's unique but has also been around for awhile!

    Hope all is well with you too--I love looking at your pics on FB of all the places you've been! We should have a Pullen reunion sometime . . .

    ReplyDelete